What do you think, should i buy this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Eric 1, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish i had the camera today, oh-well.

It is
    1993 Ford F150 long bed
    300 ci straight 6
    5 speed
    138000 miles
    air/fully loaded in real nice shape
    its black on silver with gray inside
    factory chrome wheels nice tires and a bed liner.
    $3995 is whats on the windshield but i could get it for about $3350 if i had cash.

Now before you crawl all over me about a 1/2 ton, i like this truck because it is in good shape and the 6 banger will get good mpg but with the 5 spd trans can still pull a trailer.

I what a truck with a smaller engine because in the spring i will be getting a box truck or NPR to use for the business, so this just needs to work for the rest of the year then it will just be a run-around truck to use when i am not mowing so to have a big V8 would just be over kill.

I would like to hear from some people who have had experience with the motor if i could.

2. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

i dont like stick and it has to be 4wd for me i think 2wd trucks are a waste but it sounds alright if you just need a quick little truck to run around with.

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

those 300 straight 6 are darn near bullet proof...

4. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

5. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

i seen them little train b4 on tv they are so cool.

6. Eric 1

Camland thats what i what to hear

Norm Al, I dont get it. Sorry

Do you think the truck could handle the weight, about 2000 pds or so for the rest of the year. (Yes i know about helper springs)

7. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend who pushes snow with a straight six ford 4x4, no problems. I run a v6 4x2 f150 ford 5 speed with a big ol 18foot 2 axel trailer no problem every day. A v8 or v10 would be nice, but I cant justify the extra cost right now. The only time I dont like the six is on the highway cause with that trailer we aint doing over 55, but its no prob cause the farthest I go out is 9 miles to get to my moms two 1/2 pita acres.

8. Eric 1

Wow, you pull a 18 ft trailer with a V6, you crazy! how much weight is on there?

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

hey eric, this truck is 2wd or 4wd??

10. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

All the stuff you see in my avatar. I have load handlers on the rear and it makes all the difference in the world. You would need them on a v8 f150 4x4 or 4x2. I want a nice dump truck with a diesel but it just aint in the cards right now.