What do you think these Exmark's are worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC, May 13, 2005.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Found this ad in my local paper. I am just comtemplating if these mowers would be worth looking in to, I would be more interested in the walk behind I think based on price and the fact I dont have a walk behind currently, just a ZTR Cub. I do however like the fact the Z has an ultra vac system, I am currently in saving mode for a bagging system for my Cub. No hours are listed however, just curious depending on hours if the prices are a little high, although without knowing the hours its a challenge I know. Just what some of you might think if it might be worth it. Thanks in advance guys. Here is the ad:

2001 Exmark Mowers
    52 in Turf Tracer walkbehind with 19 h.p. KAW, $2,000. 60 in Lazer Z rider with 27 h.p KAW, ultra vac system, $4,000.

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

If the hours and condition are fair I would say those are good prices. The Z has the 27hp engine and the Ultra vac.... You need to go out and look at these. Don't go by what the hour meter says.

3. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

sound like fair prices to me, that w/b seems to be a pretty good deal if is in nice shape too, I paid 2300 for a 2000 TT that had 1000 hrs on it, it was in mint condition when i bought it too! Depending on the shape I'd say go for em.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This may seem strange but those prices are actually very cheap for those mowers. When most people advertise something they put in a price they would like to get. The price they will take is usually several hundred to a thousand less than the asking price. If the mowers are in good shape then they are worth the asking price.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

That Z is a steal.................... You better get it if it doesn't have a million hours.

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Based on the year and the asking prices.. I would guestimate the hours to be around 1500+.

7. jeffw

jeffw LawnSite Member

we just purchased a lazer z as with power bagger the bagger option is about 1500, the mower promo price was 7800. we are nonprofit facility so we got an 20% disc on it all so total coast was 7600. this is the 52" 27 hp.

so based on that i would grab that z rider it is a great price.

8. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

Buy, Buy, Buy! You will reitre your Cub. Wish I could find prices like that here.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

popeye arms, LOL !

10. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I had a few, no, make that several used Z mowers to sell. In the Pensacola area it is almost impossible to find a used Z.

Oldtimer
    www.sevillelawn.com