What do you think this is worth

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Qualey, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

I have a 99 Freighliner FL-60 we had built a couple years ago that a buddy has been hounding me to buy. Its a 5.9 Cummins, 5 speed, 26GVW with an aluminum 2 level tunnel box and a 10' Airflow mason dump (PTO not elec/hyd). Plate, D rings and brake connectors.

No rust, 135k, I'm the second owner and got it as a cab/chassis. I don't use it anymore except to haul countertop cutoffs to the crusher. Put maybe 100 miles a year on it.

I don't really care if I sell it or not as its paid for, but if I could package it with my mini-x I can't give away I'd do it. Can't really find any similar build trucks to compare, but the body/box was ~$10k for parts and labor. What are trucks like this going for?
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

do you have pictures.
  3. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

The cab/chassis might be worth 12 to 14 K.

Then add the depreciated value of the box and bed.

I can tell you by experience the 5.9 with a 5 speed is not a highly desireable combination BUT you have a guy chomping at the bit to buy it so that helps:usflag:
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It is one of those things you sell it then its oh crap now I wish I didn't.
  5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I would be more interested in how the guy buys the truck. If he (just hypothetically) was to pay a percentage of the truck by check and the rest in bills........it may put a whole new light on the subject if you see what I mean by reading between the lines. I think turf-quip's guesstamation is pretty close.