What do you think this would cost?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ChadTheNomad, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ChadTheNomad

ChadTheNomad LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I know this is probably asking a lot, but would you be so kind as to give a general idea of what you think the job in the attached picture would have cost?

• 12 tons of boulders
    • 15x20 flagstone patio with pieces as large as 6x6
    • 3 tons or so of stones for a dry creek
    • Excavation of a 15x20 sloped area with a height of about 7 feet

Just a ball park. I know you all don't like to talk numbers, and I understand. Are we looking at $10k, $20k here?

IMG_6486.jpg

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

17 to 25k for a quick top level ballpark. depends on other costs and site conditions.

3. ChadTheNomad

from Atlanta

Thanks!. That gives me a good idea of what to expect.

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

is that your house?

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

It seems like you have two threads going here, one is for the patio and one is for pricing. Did you get a price befoe you started? Did you add alot to the original quote?

6. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're trying to beat your contractor up on price after the job's done, that's messed up.

7. ChadTheNomad

from Atlanta

Don't be so presumptuous. We agreed on a price and I paid it. He did a good job, and I'll be giving him some repeat business.

If you must know, I asked the question because I had a comment from someone else suggesting I should have paid a lot less. Even if that were true, there's nothing I can do about it now.

8. ChadTheNomad

from Atlanta

You are correct. Yes, we had a signed contract for everything before they started.

Nothing underhanded is happening here. I'm merely trying to get a broader reflection from the folks on this forum as to the scale of what was accomplished.

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Job is done, your happy, move on.

10. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, soemwhere in the $17k-$20k range. Depending on site conditions, access, and previous topography. Would have taken us about 5 to 6 days, again depending on accessability of equipment and such.

If you are happy with the final product and the price, then there shouldnt be any concerns. I'm sure you could have found someone to do the job for half the price, if you shopped around long enough. Question is, would it have been done right? probably not if they're willing to do it for that much less.

I suspect you probably recieved a quality installation that will last a lifetime. Enjoy it.