1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you think ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnhoney, May 26, 2005.

1. lawnhoney

lawnhoney LawnSite Member

Gave a qoute today on 1 1/2 acre property just cutting very little trimming lot was pretty level and square $65 per cut full summer job , got the reply , let me think about it ! guess we know what that means . lol I thought fair price ? What do you guys think ? :waving:
  2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like a reasonable quote for my area too. Maybe a little less if there was a chance for some extras, good exposure, and good gut feeling about customer, but not much less. If half or slightly less than half of your estimates are accepted your prices are just right.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

maybe just a little high here, only 5 or ten bucks but we have a very depressd market, and he is right if you are getting all your bids you are probably too low anyway..... :waving:
  4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Sounds reasonable. Like already said if you are getting a high percentage of bids your prices are too low.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I think that's a very nice price myself, almost too nice, I think you could get 75 for 1.5 acres but then 65 usually gets a YES faster.
    As for me, I get between 50 to 60 for 1 acres thou I have a customer whose 1 acre lot I still do for 40 because they been with me since day 1, so really 65 for 1.5 is a very good price at least here in Virginia.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hehehe, I like it when I'm getting SOOO many phonecalls that I can price for a 9-out-of-10 no answer ratio :) Only time it frustrates me is when my prices are actually good and I get that 9/10 NO crap.