What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Gatewayuser, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a good deal?
    1995 Ford F-250 with 80,000 miles 4X4, V-8, Auto, AC, with snow plow the truck looks and runs great. All for $5,500 should I buy it? Has anyone had problems with this truck? Will it plow well?

2. ZOO YORK

ZOO YORK LawnSite Member

i have a 1993 ford f-250 xl with 130,000miles, automatic w/OD, 5.8l 352v8, 4x4. i paid 4500 for this truck a year and a half ago and it was very much worth it. i say go head you wont regret it.

3. Gatewayuser

Thanks for the response ZOO YORK! :waving: Does anyone else think its a good deal?

4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Get a good set of add-a-leaves for the front axle. The stock leaves will sag quick with a plow on the front. Are the ball joints and tie rod ends in good condition? The ball joints are a PITA to replace on these trucks. Which engine does the truck have? Sounds like a good deal.

5. Gatewayuser

I still need to go look at its 150 miles away but its supposed to be in excellent condition. I also don't know which V8 in it. Thanks for the reply LWCMATTLIFTER! :waving:

6. tnturbo

tnturbo LawnSite Member

I've had several of these trucks. Truck should have the 351 or 460. If you are lucky, it will have the 460. More durable and similar fuel economy when using it hard. the add a leaf for the front is a good idea and costs less than $200

7. Gatewayuser

Thanks for the response TNTURBO!