What do you think ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Another company is mowing a huge cemetery. They get 500 a cut for about 4 man hours of mowing and 10 man hours total of trimming. Now how do you price trimming scince it is a majority of the work. I know the cost to operate my mower and laborer to operate it. How about trimming what does it cost to run a weed eater and scince that person only gets 7.50 - 8.00 an hour should it be the same hourly rate as mowing. Normally on all my lawns even another cemetery we mow it is the same rate. I figured it out once I pay employees wages, taxes ect. pay cost of operation and travel at the end of the month I can honestly say we can easily take 50% profit on the job. this would be a great increase in revenue. But if I charge my normal rate per man hour I am way off their price. But doing the math I still show huge profit. I know I am very expensive compared to other LCO's in my area. I always stay away from big properties because you usually have to lower the hour rate to get the job. But I guess if the profit is their take it. Just need some input on this because this is a huge chance at a nice chunk of change but it is also a mother of a job nice size cemetery.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Work is work. It all gets charged the same.
    And the mower cost per hour even if it sits and waits on the trimmer