what do you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Jan 14, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

There is a exmark shop in town that has a few exmarks that are 2 years old and they want 3800.00 for them. They are from the Brickman group and they have been totaly overhauled by the dealer with new belts, blades, cluches and anything else that was broken or warn out. They have about 1100 hours on them and all have 27hp 60" deck. What do you think, good deal or not?

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

tell them to throw in a new short block, and they have a deal, those Brickman pieces have seen ALOT of abuse. For $3800 i'd even meet them half way, maybe pay for the labor on the short block.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Brickman equipment is beated so badly its not even funny. All there crews are hispantic. Who get poor training. So they beat on the equipment. So run away from them. The price sounds good, but its really not.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

seems kind of high

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

If they put all new belts and spindles, and a short block, and the deck isn't bent the the frame is true, and none of the welds are broke I would consider.

6. C.T. Lawn Care

what is a short block?

7. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

New or bored block, pistons, oil pump and crank.

8. C.T. Lawn Care

so basicaly a new engine? hmm... i dont think they would go for that... Thanks guys. I knew that it would be a long shot but i guess i will just buy a new one.

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I would have to see the machine, but it does sound kinda high.