1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you think

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by trent515, Mar 13, 2006.

1. trent515

trent515 LawnSite Member

I am really just peeved at this, but not much I can do. I agreed to meet with a lady this past weekend to transplant four large plants from one property to another, and to talk about lawn service for both properties. I gave her labor rates, etc. and she agreed, and we were to meet at 2 on Sunday (the only time she was available). I knocked on the door, and no one answered. So, after waiting about 20 minutes, I called her number, she answered, and told me something had come up, and she would call me back. I am thinking that if she does, I will for sure have a contract, require payment up front, and possibly increase my rate on her properties. It wouldn't have bothered me at all if she had called to cancel, even half an hour before. She seemed annoyed that I called her. Too bad I don't have a consult fee, or I'd be sending her a bill. What are your thoughts on what I should do? I don't want to lose the possible work, but I don't want to show up again and have her mysteriously disappear.
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Me personally?If it were me when she called back..
    and I don't think she will but if she does..my schedule would be full and I would have to squeeze her in..so I would have to check and then call her back.When I called her back I would be real specific
    about when..exactly when I could meet with HER..then show up.She will be there.
  3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer in window cleaning I grossly over estimated the job so I make a great buck there. I feel guilty sometimes when I do there house, and I've done it twice a year for about 5 years and it's still overpriced.
    Couple years ago, I travelled to their house, out of town with worker on the clock and I caught them just leaving. They told me they forgot but were on the way to the airport, phone them in a couple weeks and reschedule then...

Well I had to drive back and I also have never felt guilty about charging them so much since.