What Do You Think??????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GREENTIMEJG, Apr 8, 2007.

1. GREENTIMEJG

GREENTIMEJG LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have worked in the business before but have been out of it some time now. I am wanting to start my own business. I will be insured and pay taxes and all of that stuff. I would like to start this year but do not have any equipment at this time.I was thinking of putting out flyer's in late summer advertising aeration and then list the other services that i will include in the spring.I was thinking this would be a good way to make some extra money to use on buying equipment. This would also get my name out and hopefully would be able to pick up a few customers for next year. Does anyone think that would be a bad idea? If so do you have any other ideas?

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

do you have an aerator? you should start putting out flyers now, you can get a used w/b for a pretty decent price and start mowing.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

or you could do what you said, wait until later in the summer. put out flyers advertising aeration and also services you will start offering in the spring.