what do you think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnandorderny, Apr 4, 2008.

1. lawnandorderny

lawnandorderny LawnSite Member

First off, great sight and love the help everyone offers, 2nd feedback on logo and finally, looking to give estimate to rototill an area app.25' x 25'. the area was done last year the guy just does not want to do it himself this year. what would be a good price?

Attached Files:

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Just charge by the hour, are you using a rear tine tiller?

3. lawnandorderny

yes. this would be my first time and I have a 17' width. how long and how much? rough guess will help. thanks. can my logo be viewed.

4. lawnandorderny

come on, lets get some feed back

5. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

Make sure you call and get the service lines fixed, i am not sure what the laws are. I would bid per hour, just guess at how much time it would take you to till and also make sure the homeowner waters the night before....that will relieve a hell of a headache.

6. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

Any job you do needs to have a standard per hour rate. This is based on cost. For a till job, cost of fuel, your time(50 is a good start) and what you charge per hour for equipment.

I rent alot of equipment that I do not use on a regular basis.

equip rental $
    Time $
    Material(gas) $

Just a starting point. YOu can estimate how long it is going to take you and give him a price, or tell him you charge him so much per hour.

Like your flyer.....you do it yourself?????

7. lawnandorderny

Thanks everyone

8. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

if you have the tiller , and not to long of a drive you can till that size in uder 1 hour ..

9. lawnandorderny

thank you, that is what I was looking for. What about my logo?