What do you think?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HBLandscaping, May 12, 2008.

1. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering what you guys think about this truck. Any ploblems or concerns I should be aware of with this type of truck, motor, plow etc. Whats your opoion of this truck and do you think this is a good buy? Kinda sounds to me this guy is in a real hurry to sell or unload this truck. It was listed for 17,000 a few weeks ago, I contacted the owner the other day and he said that he lowered the price to 14,995. I stopped by yesterday while I was in the area and took a look at it (Seems like its in great shape), This morning the owner E-mailed me asking if I was interested in it and if I wanted to come look at it and take it for a drive, He also told me he dropped the price to 13,000.

2001 chevy 3500 duramax diesel allison T1000 trans only 57000 miles, new tires, 2 new batteries, PS/AC, AM/FM, 12x8x4 ft dump bed 8.5 ft western pro snow plow, clean, one owner,dual tanks, runs great

1.jpg

1-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

1-5.jpg

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

does that include the plow? I think thats a bargain for that truck. JMO

Does the owner have any records of service?

3. HBLandscaping

Yeah the plow comes with it, Im wondering if he'd go lower on the price since he went from 17 down to 13 in just a few days, if he's in that big of a hurry to sell maybe I can realy steal it. Im not sure of the records (Im going to ask him for them if I go up this week)

4. Raven386

from CT

To me, that sounds like a good deal... give me his number and I will talk to him for you!

5. HBLandscaping

LOL I don't think so, I've been waiting for a truck like this to fall into my hands

6. Raven386

from CT

lol. Its a nice truck, hope everything works out for you! Hopefully you will be making a new thread about your new truck!

7. HBLandscaping

Im close but I have to get rid of a few trucks, I have an 96 1500 and a 85 scottsdale that need to find a new home so I can buy and park this beside my 02 2500HD in the driveway.

8. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Buy it or else I'm going to run the plates and call him myself!!!!

9. tras

tras LawnSite Member

Those old LB7 Duramax's often have problems with the injectors if i remember correctly, also id check out the trans, but its a good deal id say.

10. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

what do u want for the scootsdale and do u have any pics