what do you think?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by straightlinelandscapes, Nov 10, 2009.

1. straightlinelandscapes

straightlinelandscapes LawnSite Member

2. Lawn Spa

Lawn Spa LawnSite Member

too plain for me...high res pictures are a must and a different font...to be honest

3. straightlinelandscapes

do you have a site? if so, can I see it for ideas? I made this myself for free and pay 10 dollars a month for hosting. I guess its all about how much you want to spend!

4. grassrangers

grassrangers LawnSite Member

For $10 a month i think it gets the point across. Look at mine we paid $3500 for it.
    www.grassrangers.com

5. straightlinelandscapes

I took a look at it, and it is awesome!! you get what you pay for. my site has already paid for it self for like 3 years probably, because it didn't hardy cost anything. Like with all types of marketing/advertising, you have to justify the money spend verse the money it is going to make,I figured if I can spend a little money to give my customers a site to go on and pay their invoices(convenience) and potenial customers a way to contact me, then my money was well spent,(in my opinion).

6. grassrangers

grassrangers LawnSite Member

Yeah i agree with you on that one.

7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Please tell me that you bought the full rights to the files on that one if it was a template.

If not, seems like it could have quite a bit of work into it. Could tell from the home page alone, but getting into it, there's some complexity. Seems that it should take someone in the range of like a full week to build a site like yours.

Seems like each page should deserve a day to a day and a half each. And a logo if you don't have one, is probably one or two days for someone who is adept.

Someday I may have a simple template made with parchment elements. Not exactly like this next one, but sort of - maybe a cross between the two, and no flash.

http://www.humboldtredwoods.org/

http://avenueofthegiants.net/
    :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  8. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

1. your header image is way way too big. it shouldn't take up the enitre 800 or so pixels in height
    2. your main links at the bottom of the header image, make sure they are in the exact same place on each page, otherwise it looks sloppy
    3. add some copy to your photo gallery. you might know the properties you're looking at, but I don't. tell me something about them.
    4. on your home page, add some copy to what "Design, Install, and Maintain" entails. How do you stand out from other companies?

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Maybe it's just me, but it took me a while to figure out where you are from. I had to go to the contact us page.

10. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

I agree with some of the other quotes. I think photos work well for customers in service businesses. You may want to label some of those photo or put them in motion. You can get software fairly cheaply to give you more a a photo gallery than just a page of pictures.

Here's a link to my gallery: http://www.sealkc.com/photos.html

It is all about your budget, and you have a good start, but websites can be a lot of time and work.