What do you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Sep 24, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Just wondering what you think. I.E. Give it to me. I want to land some winter work with this and am hoping this will kick some economy in the ars.

Silani’s Lawn Care
    668 Crystal Drive
    Eagle Point, Oregon 97524
    541-951-

Hello to all,
    It is that time of year again where the air is crisp and cold in the mornings and the leaves starting to fall, and it is the perfect time to plant those trees and bushes you have been wanting. It is also time to think about setting up appointments for the various other services I have to offer. What does that entail?

Fall clean ups: 1. Weed all flower beds
    2. Trim all bushes and trees that need it.
    3. Removing all annuals flowers.
    4. Removing existing leaves and hauling to Dump.
    Extras include: Mulch or Bark Topdressing, Planting Bulbs and Planting Winter annuals.

Leaf and Gutter Clean ups:
    This is scheduled at 3 times during the leaf fall. It includes removing all leaves from all surfaces of the property and hauling away. Gutter clean up is recommended as it can aide in relieving spill over later, which can cause bare spots in flower beds and turf.

Aeration:
    Highly recommended on an annual basis. It allows for deeper root growth promoting healthier lawn. With the way the Rogue Valley is having a major Clay problem this will help in having a hard lawn especially if we top-dress with an organic material such as horse manure or peat moss mulch.

Along with aeration I recommend over seeding the lawn. Getting new seed in the ground will promote a thicker lawn, preventing a bare spot that weeds love to start in.

I will be Winterizing Lawns with fertilizer around November so please let me know so I can plan to give your lawn turf the attention that it needs. This will promote root growth and give it a jump start in spring.

Also for those of you that are new this year, thank you for allowing use to serve you. I will be going to a biweekly schedule in November or an as needed basis; the lawns are not growing as fast and need little attention. This is not to say I will not be coming around, as we can schedule other needed services during the winter time. I also offer snow removal in the chance that we get snow. Please let me know if you would like this service so we can quote you a price before the white stuff starts to fall.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call.

Attached Files:

2. sildoc

by the way if you want to use this go ahead as I hold no copy right and would rather you give me better feed back as a return. Thank Ya all.

3. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Content is good, BUT, it's WAY too much reading. You'll be canceling out a lot of potential customers cause they're not going to take the time to read it when they see how long it is. Generally you've got 3 seconds to grab someone's eye with printed material or they're gone. Not meaning they have to read it all in that amount of time, but something on that page needs to peak their interest/curiosity enough to make them not put it down.

See what you can do to keep the main ideas there, but shorten it a bunch.

4. sildoc

Thank you Rustic Goat Thank you.
    I felt the same but figured it was going to my current clients that they would read on. I will try to make it more catchy in the first couple of lines. I was thinking of offering them 10% off of any of those services if they sign a contract for next year.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would have to agree, why too much words

People like facts and straight forward answers. They want to know why the services will benefit them and what sets you aparts from others.

Also it's always good to throw in percentages or numbers. People like to know the value of things.