1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfsolutions, Dec 10, 2003.

1. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I have been asked to bid on a 10 acre site.

5 step Basic program:

1. Fert w/dimension
    2. Super Trimec ap.
    3. Fert w/ 50% slow release
    4. Fert w/ 50% slow release
    5. High N fert w/ Super Trimec ap.

I was thinking in the $150-$175 range per acre per step. Do you think I am too high, too low or right on? Any comments are appreciated.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably just about right considering 3 applications contain pesticides.
  3. turfsolutions

Thanks Scraper.

Anyone else???
  4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Your right on target.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not really sure of prices/acre in your area. I constantly call friends who work for other companies in the Louisville area to keep track of the market. This helps me to stay competitive. In this area, depending on the application (liquid or granular) and chemicals needed, the average is $135-$145 per acre. That price range is for properties that are very open, but once you get into properties that have a lot of landscaping, pools, tennis courts, steep hills, excessive trees, etc. the price can easily jump to $160/acre. My suggestion is to call some of the other companies in your area and get some blind quotes. I hope this helps you out.
  6. turfsolutions

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.