what do you think

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brinlee lawn, Jan 29, 2005.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased the tt-2 original trimmer trap, a db-1 dual backpack rack, and a lh-1 trimmer line holder this morning. Does anybody have any suggestions about location to mount these on a 16 ft open trailer.. :) :) :)

2. brinlee lawn

Come on guys help me out. Drivers side, passenger side front of trailer what do you think?????????????

3. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Mount trimmer racks on passenger side, because that is the curbside you dont want to be standing in the street when you dont have too.
    :waving:

4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Pasenger side,as already stated-if you have a basket on the traioer,consider mounting the line holder under the basket edge :waving:

5. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

Like the others, I would mount the trimmer trap on the passenger side of trailer. I see alot of trailers with the backpack racks mounted on the side of trailor opposite that of the t-traps. With me being primarily solo, I mounted my bp rack next to the t-trap so as soon as I finish trimming, my blower is right there. No extra steps involved. Sounds trivial, I know, but when the heat index is well in the 100's I'm all about saving a step or two.

6. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I never installed backpack racks. We have always picked up / dropped the blowers in the back of the trucks and went on. For anyone who uses them, is it more productive to have them racked? or just more as a security measure or a convenient place to park them when the day is over??

7. brinlee lawn

For me it was more of the security that helped me come to the conclusion on buying the racks, plus the truck is always full of stuff, if you have a leaf box on the truck you cant put the blowers in there.

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We mounted our TrimmerTrap tt2 on the drivers side because we have a side gate on our trailer. I would mount the tt2 on passenger side if possible. I would probably mount the blower rack on the front of the trailer so the blower tubes dont get in the way of your mowers. I would also suggest getting a cooler rack if you dont have one.

9. brinlee lawn

Yes cooler rack and hedge trimmer rack and a hand tool rack are going to be the next purchases.