What do you use for temp., wind speed and direction for apps.?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DLS1, Jan 16, 2005.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use weatherunderground.com last year to get the information before I left to do the apps.

This year I would like to get a Kestrel or some other unit but looking for one that also gives wind direction. Anyone have something that does temp., wind speed and direction?
  2. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

I can access the web with my Nextel, so I just go to weatherbug.com to get my temps, wind speeds, and wind direction. It's really a cool deal because if it suddenly gets gusty, I can just take out my nextel and get up to the minute weather reports,
  3. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

There is an automated weather service at my local airport. It gives a weather report for pilots. Most of the stuff doesn't make sense to me but it does tell temp and wind speed and direction.
  4. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

gempler.com has handheld units
  5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have their new catalog and that is where I saw the Kestrel units. I guess I could hold up a small rag to see what direction the wind is blowing. :D
  6. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

Weather.com or intellicast or weatherunderground are all on my favorites list. We also use a La Crosse weather station at the shop. This unit displays and logs 12 weather paramaters every hour and lists them as a data base. The log makes it easy to compare weather to apps. many days after the event.