what do you use for you invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by caz1, Dec 19, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

I've just tryed the grounds keeper lite software and seems real good, however the price is like 259 dollars. I can't justifiy that right now maybe later if this biz takes off. What type of software do you use? I can get software at staples for $30.00 I think its called smart business. The main think is the invoices so if anyone can at least help me with the invoices it would be great :waving:

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I use Gopher. There's many programs out there. Don't buy a cheapo program. You'll be disappointed. I don't see how one can justify NOT having a good bookkeeping program. You'll be glad you have it at tax time and they make record keeping a whole lot easier. payup

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been very happy w/ Alocet's lawnmonkey since 2000. They also make qxpress. Clip is also a good program from what I hear. I would also look into gopher if I were considering one now. Personally was not impressed w/ groundskeeper or adkad and I think it was realgreen's program that was almost a $10K software program - not worht the $$IMHO.

Clip, alocet & gopher are probably the best for the price around $1000-$1200. They all can interface w/ quickbooks (qxpress actually runs in quckbooks, whereas LM you use a link to export/import payments and invoices) Quickclip interfaces w/ quickbooks and I believe gopher does too. Years ago, LM was a sponsor in this forum w/ their own q&a forum similar to that of gophers. I have never had a serious glitch w/ their program and can tell you that they have taken a lot of user suggestions and implemented them in their system.

I agree w/ the above poster that this is not an area to skimp on. You want a good reliable program.

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

i want a software with just invoices, i dont need any of the other things.

Which would you recommend?

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Someone posted some in excell format on here somewhere if that is all you need.

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We use CLIP, but use "My Invoices" at the store. It costs about 30-40 bucks and will do invoices, estimates, statements, and alot more. Should be able to find it at any office supply ect.

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I use microsoft word. Here's an example

Attached Files:

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm.. ExMark Dr. ? Or did you change that to post it on here?

9. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

Go onto one of the Peer to Peer file sharing sites. Try kazaa or something like that. Download Adobe Pagemaker. So far we're free. Download the program and begin using it. It should take about 1 week before you actually are able to navigate. Once you got it, I have a laser printer and the thing prints like 80 pages a minute. At about 3 bucks for 500 that's cheap. Only drawback. not carbon copy or anything special. and also they aren't numbers so you'll have to number them yourself.If you don't have the time I'll run whatever you got for 10 per 500 sheets. that includes shipping to wherever. color will be 20 per 500. It's an invoice, black and white will be fine. E-mail some details and I'll be sure to get back to you. Don't worry about the small stuff, Pro's only worry about they're own business, and specialize there.

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi caz1,

Please consider downloading our software and trying it out. If you have any questions, let us know.

Remember we have a bunch of free invoice templates that you can download and use.

Click image for link.
    [​IMG]