What do you use on Virgina Buttonweed?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rebs, May 10, 2006.

1. Rebs

Rebs LawnSite Member

I have been using CoarseAir on Va Buttonweed with great results. I was wondering what everyone else uses? I have tried MSMA mixed with Trimec aswell. It will burn it up!

Any suggestions?
  2. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

Manor and Image work very well on Buttonweed.
  3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I use Manor alone in St Augustine. It smokes that weed for you...lol Be sure to add some Thoroughbred or whatever turns you on with it.
  4. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Image is what I use
  5. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Speedzone southern.
  6. loser135

loser135 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Looks like several replies are from the South with Warm Season grasses. I'm in transition zone with 95% fescue. I'm East of Nashville but friends of mine in Nashville say they haven't had any problems with it. I almost don't believe them as I have it EVERYWHERE! Quicksilver has just suppressed and it (buttonweed) so far has laughed at three way blends, Momentum, even Confront> Manor & Image, huh...?
  7. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Your friends in Nashville either A: Don't recognize the weed, B:Are choosing to blow it off since it is so hard to control or C: In denial. Anyway V. Buttonweed is widespread in Mid-Tenn and is rampant this year along with Corn-Speedwell. If you find a combo. that works let me know. By the way Confront is no longer labeled for residential turf (thanks again Tree-Huggers for taking another excellent product out of my arsenal).
  8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Clemson research found that Monument + Trimec was very effective if you are not dealing with a residential property.

For residential, Speedzone at 1.5 oz/M showed acceptable results.