1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you use to clean your mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gmanlq, Feb 9, 2008.

1. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

What do you guys use to keep the outside part of your mower looking clean? Do you clean under your deck? If so how often?
  2. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

i'm sure alot of guys will recommend simple green , and I too will say that stuff works pretty well! Try the degreaser stuff, it has a extra kick! I have also found a product available at Costco that is called oil eater, which works wonders on all sorts of stuff! under the deck is cleaned on a 21" mower every so often especially if mulching, however, I haven't used a 21 in years!
  3. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Usually one amigo.......sometimes it takes two.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

i use gunk degreaser from the auto store let it sit then power wash it looks great when done problem it only lasts a week.
  5. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 LawnSite Member

I use spray nine to and a pressure washer. It looks nice till the first lawn. I clean the underside of ther deck every week and spray mow deck.
  6. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

Pressure washer just be careful where you aim and run everything and grease the fittings and spray where needed with WD-40 when done.
  7. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Castrol Super Clean

Spray it on, let it set for a few minutes spray it off with the hose. Doesn't even need elbow grease! Works great!:clapping:
  8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I respect your desire to keep the equipment clean... but I have never bothered to clean the outside of my mower unless it was covered in dog crap or rotten fruit. I clean under the deck a lot. Usually with a putty knife. Other than that, though, if it doesn't come off with my blower, then it doesn't come off... Too busy as a one man band to mess with it.
  9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I use an air compressor and blow off all equipment at the end of the day and a putty knife for the underside of the deck at end of the week pressure washer gets some use. I also make sure everything gets at least one coat of wax every year.
  10. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here.

If "HoseA" isn't enough, then I ask "HoseB" to help him out. :usflag: