What do you use to get out the tough stains??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to see what you all use to get out those tough grass stains out of your jeans and socks. At the end of the day my pants are solid green from the knee down and my socks aren't looking much better. Its just so hard to get all of the grass stain out with a simple washing. Have any of you found something that works really well?

2. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Brown Soap

3. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Had a pair of jeans
    looked like a plate of greens
    They were new-I was sad
    felt like I'd been had
    so I sat in my dispair
    thinking of what next I could wear
    Then I saw the bleach sitting there!!!
    So........................
    I started to fill up the machine
    super hot water-I felt like a fiend
    :blob2: 2 cups of soap-pour in the clorox
    1/2 hour later my jeans looked like NEW!!!
    (yeah, let's see you find a word that rhymes
    with clorox!!!!!!!!!!):alien:

4. my mother does my laundry when i am home workin. all i know is that when i go out to work in the morning i am supposed to look high and low for a pair of work pants. and if i dont have a pair then i go and trash a pair of good pants. :( but also i get grease, and oil, and all kinds of stuff on my pants, mud, you name it, its there.

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

bleech does miracles, i do my laundry plus some, i use a lot of it (dont tell the person that buys it :)))

6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to wear shorts instead of pants and not wear good cloths. But when I do have an acident Shout is what I use.

7. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

After years of fighting the green socks, I just wear black socks. Can't get any dirtier than black. If your jeans are grean you must be spending a lot of time rolling around with the clippings. I try not to do that. I've also found that since I pretty much wear the same couple pair of jeans everyday, it doesn't matter that they get a little dirty sometimes. Getting washed 5 or 6 times a weeks just wears the stains right out of the fabric.

8. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

White GoJo or another hand cleaner gets out stains pretty good.

9. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Try Simple Green. My brother-in-law uses it to get the grass stains out of his sons baseball pants and says it works great. I use this stuff on my mowers and it does a good job. It's also bio-degradable and has never done any damage to my personal lawn.