what do you use to measure mix

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by unkownfl, Nov 12, 2009.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Just curious what people use to measure their mix. I'm interested in using amsoil but the bottle is so big its hard to measure off the side. I want to mix it properly at 100:1 in a one gallon can and not 80:1 in a 5 gallon can. Thanks.

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

with 2 gal.mix bottle of echo certified mix, I mix 50:1 never heard of 100:1 . Make sure you use a certified oil! I have tried them all an echo 2 gal mix has worked the best!

3. unkownfl

I don't care for the echo stuff. I want to use the amsoil whether it blows my stuff up or not I'm using it!!!

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Go to an ATV dealer they have graduated cylinders for mixing 2 stroke oils and what not.

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Use whatever ya like I was just giving you some feedback! With 26 years in the business I have tried them all, I am not a big echo fan at all I am a shindy man! But echo mix is damn good !

6. unkownfl

its not that I'm not grateful for you response it just I have a couple bottle of amsoil from my atv and stuff that I no longer have and i want to use it up. I really have no interest in keeping my string trimmer blowers or edgers for 5 years so I think it really doesn't matter on the mix I use.

7. CrewKut

CrewKut LawnSite Member

I use a graduated kitchen measuring cup (don't tell my wife). We had several, so I took one to keep in the shop for this purpose. Use a plastic one because a glass one won't bounce on concrete. :laugh:

Dan

8. laman

laman LawnSite Senior Member

1.3 ounces to the gallon should give you 100 to one, but I only use 80 to 1.

9. unkownfl

How would I measure 1.3 ounces then lol or .16 of a cup. I guess what im asking is has someone found something that maybe something else comes in a bottle of 1.3 ounces at the grocery store that they found or something.

10. CrewKut

CrewKut LawnSite Member

Google "digital measuring cup" I think you'll find one that will give you the accuracy you are looking for. Here's one.

Dan