What do you use to measure Tenacity for spot spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawncuttinfoo, Jul 27, 2011.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

rate calls for 1/2 teaspoon per gal.
    smallest tip and pours I have seen start at 1 oz markings.

Does anyone sell a tiny squeeze and pour the size the small Imprelis comes in?

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Tenacity comes with a syringe. Not sure where you buy your product but you should always be getting this with your purchase.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

4. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking for something safer and cleaner than a syinge. Having full strength chemical all over the outside of the syringe after you dip it in is a no go.

Still looking for the tiny squeze and pours, ala imprelis.

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Lawncuttinfoo,
    Riggle is talking about the children's medication mini-cup's. I have 4 kids and about a hundred of these things lying around in storage. You can get them in tsp,tbsp,ml. etc.
    Small enough to handle with protective gloves on and easy to rinse out.

6. RigglePLC

7. RigglePLC

You really need the tip and pour self-measuing bottle. The 4 ounce squeeze-type is best. You may have to mark off the half and quarter ounce levels.
    http://www.containermanufacturing.com/tipnmeasure/series1000.htm

or...
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/109690673/60_ML_TO_500_ML_SELF.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/423314135/150ml_PE_measuring_bottle_with_double.html

(minimum order is 20,000.)

Also watch for mouthwash bottles. Often dispense 10 mililiter at a time. Mark it well. Dangerous and illegal to use for this purpose--you didn't hear it here.

8. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

9. RigglePLC

10. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

""Also watch for mouthwash bottles. Often dispense 10 mililiter at a time. Mark it well. Dangerous and illegal to use for this purpose--you didn't hear it here."--Riggle

What is seriously funny is most of these universal plastic containers are sold to various industry leaders. Different materials are placed into these containers. We are held stable to the statute of not placing the improper material into a container that is not designed for our uses. FUFF!!
    IF it works do it! I am sure the screwdriver is used for other uses just as the hammer and the wrench.
    I would hope that a mechanic doesn't get caught............heaven forbid!

Now, I will not place sulfuric acid in a two liter bottle, bleach in a milk jug, or paint thinner in a drinking cup but common sense applies here.