What do you use to schedule your lawns

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by outrunjason, Jan 22, 2003.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I have quicbooks premeir. I have been writing on a calander for the past 2 years who gets done on what day. It has not failed me. But I need a program where I can enter customers and schedule the for certain days.

Then be able to get out of bed in the morning and just pull up all the lawns that are scheduled for that day.

Thanks, Jason

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Alocet QBExpress or QClip.

3. Anything more than a calander, legal pad and pen is over kill. Unless you count the cigar box to keep the receipts in.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use Lawn Monkey by Alocet or you can get Qxpress (intergrates with Quickbooks) by Alocet. Many others out there and they all offer free demos and some even offer video tapes in addition to their demos.

MATT

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use my Microsoft Calendar, works great

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know howanyone can survive like this anymore. Obviously if you can use this forum and the internet, you know you can spend your time more wisely w/ a program that optimizes your scheduling, routing, billing & scheduling.

BTW - we're in our 4th year w/ LM - glad we chose it.

Bob

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Bob...consider the source (Lawn Chopper aka Clowns R Us) if ya know what I mean.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I just have my customer list on a simple spreadsheet.
    I use a map and my head to figgure out which lawns on which day and in what order.
    Last year I gave each account a two digit number( 10-19 for monday, 20-29 for tues, etc..) Then I just sort the spradsheet by that colume and I have my schedule. I update this maybe onc a month. Each week I srite all the names in a notebook in the orderI want to do them that week (usually the same order as the printed scedule). Then as I do them I write in the times, as I bill them I check them off.
    Been writing invoicec by hand, Might try to use the spreadsheet/database and Mailmerge this year.

So I guess I don't use much more than pen and paper. Just the spreadshet print out to helpmy memory.

But you should know, I only had 25 mowing and 25 fert accounts last year. Trying to double it this year but it's to Friggin cold out there today to put up fliers or measure yards(-10 this morning).
    :blob3: :blob3:

9. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

I agree why not just use a spreadsheet. I'm assuming you do most of your lawns on the same day each week. Why not print a weekly route list for the week. if something doesnt' get done or is added. just pencil it in.

10. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

What do you think? I made this up and I think it will work. I had soemthing similar to it before but it was on 2 seperate sheets.

Jason

Attached Files: