What do you use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slclawn, Aug 23, 2007.

1. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have a echo shred and vac that i use to pick up shrub trimmings i was wondering if there was something better.

2. The Grass Guy

The Grass Guy LawnSite Member

I find it just as fast to rake the hedge clippings into a plastic mattress bag from the bedding store and either haul it off or leave it for the truck to pick up, depending on where Im cutting

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The Stihl SH85 is a much better performing unit, switches out much easier and doesn't fall apart like the echo.

[​IMG]

For something stronger, Country Clipper has this...

[​IMG]

A few other aftermarket collection systems have similar options... and Grasshopper has a remote vac.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

a 21 in snapper hi vac will do the same job

5. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the yard, if they are a cheapskate that doesnt put mulch down, just lets leaves stay i will rake the big stuff out into the yard and run it over with the mower to chop it up and blow it back into the beds. In nicer yards with mulch in the beds I wil blow it out into the yard and suck it up with my mower and bag it.

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I am getting the estate vac hose for my Cyclone rake this fall I am hoping it works well. Anyone have any experience with this??

7. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Is the Stihl SH85 that much better than the echo.

8. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

how about a rake and a blower

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

clean out the bushes and beds into the lawn, then run it over with my Tiger Cub with the vac. system. Gets all of it!!

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Just run over them with the Tiger Cub or any other mulching mower and stuff is practically gone. I trim the low hanging limbs on trees and mulch them instead of playing around with picking them up ...etc....etc.