what do you use

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by bakerc8, Jul 27, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

so what power washer do you use i was getting one to make some cash on the side to do driveways and such. i was getting one from home depo a dewalt but what do you use?
  2. CCPC

CCPC LawnSite Member

Yeah, I was thinking about buying a Craftsman push mower, and a WeedEater, Featherlite blower to make some extra money on the side. I'm not insured to do yard work, or licensed, but the good new is that I can lowball out the professional lawn companies with sub par workmanship and really cheap prices. :hammerhead:
  3. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

I have tried to explain this to lawn care guys here before.The majority don't care as long as they get a few extra dollars in their pockets.

I cut my own grass and refer everything else to reliable companies I know.
    I do the same for seal coating,painting and roofing if I come across a roof that cleaning will not help.

Maybe you will make some headway here,but I doubt it.
  4. CCPC

CCPC LawnSite Member

You're right Scott, I know I'm probably wasting my time, but what the heck.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You guys are right! It is funny how so many lawn guys talk about lowballers when they will do the same to PWers. I own a lawn company and a seperate power wash company (just started recently). But I am legit with everything, and my prices are higher than most in my area. I bought my washer from pressure tek and it and everything else for washing is commercial grade. I don't understand why a lot of lawn guys talk big game about commercial lawn equipment, but when they want to diversify into pwing, they buy cheap crap. :hammerhead: But you shouldn't worry, it will only help the professional washers by showing why you charge a premium for your professional services...after the lowballer screws up a client's property. There is MUCH more to "pressure" washing than owning a pressure washer. But there is this kind of lowball hackism in all industries. Professionals should not worry about the non-professional.....just keep doing what you do and everything will be fine.
  6. Grits

from Florida

Why don't you invest that money into advertising your lawn biz in order to "make some cash on the side"?
  7. Dakota476

Dakota476 LawnSite Member

I'm just sitting here reading this thread wondering what you guys used the VERY FIRST time you washed a house .....hhhhmmmmm? you're right we collectivley complain about low-ballers in this biz then turn around and shove it to you skilled prof's I offer washing to my customers aswell as lawn care I buy my chems from pressure tek but my machine is from lowes it still does 4gpm and I am insured. so just what does it take to make you a skilled prof? do I have to join your club ? are there meetings I can attend like AA? Is it a 12 step program were I worship the almighty pump and carry water in a glass for miles on end to learn some mystical lesson? why don't you guys just lighten up alittle or maybe get a moderator to put a sticky up saying you can only post in this area if you have a membership card to the house of hose gods. I am sorry if I have offended anyone with the refrence to AA or any 12 step program.
  8. CCPC

CCPC LawnSite Member

Yes, you have to join the club to be excepted. The dues are only $5,000 a year. Please send them made payable to Clay County Pressure Cleaning, Inc. Only then will you be tought the secret handshake. :waving:
  9. Grits

from Florida

The VERY FIRST time I commercially washed a house I used a commercial grade Pressure Pro.

DAFFMOBILEWASH LawnSite Member

Yes the membership cost is in the first REAL pressure washer you buy. If it is anything under $8000.00 you are simpily a skilled operator who takes way too much time to complete a project.