What do you use?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lilred731, Apr 14, 2004.

1. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

For those of you who manage you own accounting, what type of software do you use. I know there is over a hundred different ones to chose. Let me be more specific which ones are better suited for the lawncare business and why.:confused:

I am currently using Money 2004 Small Business and was looking for one that may be easier.
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Quicken, and it has been great, has everything you need
  3. lilred731

Which version do you currently use?
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi lilred731,

If you are in need of software for your company's billing, please visit our site.
  5. cdawg12

cdawg12 LawnSite Member

I use peachtree
  6. lilred731

Hey dcawg which version of peachtree do you use?
  7. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

look into quickbooks pro. nice low price (compared to competition), name brand, very useable, very customizeable.
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

QuickBooksPro. The billing and payroll don't take long to figure out, and every accountant should know how to work with it. The biggest annoyance with it is having to pay fees to update it, especially the payroll. Although, most professional programs are like this.
  9. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

we use quickbooks pro as well. works great. the statements are very professional looking. as mentioned, almost all accountants can work with it with ease, which reduces the cost of the accountant.