What do you want in a dealer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leaflawnandlimb, Jul 11, 2001.

1. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

I have heard alot of you complaining about the dealers. I have been with the same dealer for over two years without any glitches. Just wondering if I'm easy or I have a great dealer ? What are some of the things you expect out of a dealer? I am by far my dealers largest customer but yet any problems i've had are fixed on the trailer while i'm waiting.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Where are you located in the upstate ?
    And who is your dealer ?
    Just wondering, cause I live in Syracuse.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have a great dealer. The longest I have had a Chopper down was 2 hours and that was after I had gotten done mowing with it for the day. I dropped it off at 5 PM and picked it up 2 hours later.

He always has parts in stock since he has one of the bigger lawn businesses around here and needs parts for his personal equipment. A good dealer is hard to find, but I found one. :)

The only thing I wish was that he was closer to where I live.

I wish everyone could have a dealer like mine. I also hear so many complaints about their dealers. My previous dealer was horrible, so I really appreciate the one I have now. ;)

4. leaflawnandlimb

mowerconsultant
    I live in owego (not oswego) near binghamton and my dealer is Union Hardware in Endicott

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool.....
    I know where your located then....
    I am looking to set up some Hustler dealers in that area.
    Would this be a dealer that you suggest ?

Pj

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'll be around the Glenn Falls area in October. Anybody there? I want to meet somebody while I'm there and cut some of that sweet grass! Argile too..........I don't know where thats at.

7. leaflawnandlimb

You can call him, ask for Ken or Emil. Like I said you could try but I think their pretty dedicated to Exmark

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

my walker/wright dealer is awesome! he used to have a large landscape co and slowly made the change to selling and repairing

i purchase mowers off of him because of his service...he knows exactly what i am thinking because he has been there here is what he offers( obviously pruchased from him)

if your mower breaks he will fix it while you wait.if he cannot for any reason whatso ever he gives you a loaner of equal or better quality to continue....no questions

his mechanics are top notch and i can honestly i would almost buy a mower that was not my first pick because of the service i recieve

9. leaflawnandlimb

Homer
    That's up by albany isn't it?

10. leaflawnandlimb

OBRYANMAINT
    My dealers loaners are what sold me my newest machines, a 31hp lazer xp and two turf tracer hp ecs's