1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you wear and where do you get it????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Turtle Creek Lawn Care, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Turtle Creek Lawn Care

Turtle Creek Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey guys I was wondering where you guys got your shirts/polo's/sweatshirts etc. printed at. Also I was wondering what you guys usually wear, is it a T-shirt and jeans, a polo and khakis etc. ?????????

Any help would be great!

Ryan :weightlifter:
  2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Dickies are awsome, u can get a few pairs at walmart (pants)

We have our shirts made from a local print shop. Just look around your area, I'm sure there are tons of places that print shirts.
  3. crazy4green

crazy4green LawnSite Member

Dickies are good. Just remember image can go a long way by looking neat. Yes we get dirty but if everyone looks uniform it builds better reputation. Local print shops are great sorce for these things I'm lucky enough to coach my sons football team with the owner of great local printing shop and get the "coaches" discount. These operations can help also with design of logos in most cases. And all my guys get a hoodie those cool mournings and fall days they always appreciate them.
  4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Carhartt carpenter jeans and Carhartt pocket tees. My wife's grandad works at the farmers Co-op and gets them for me on his employee discount. Comfortable and TOUGH. I used to have uniforms at my full time job. I had Dickies jeans with that but they would just rub me raw. Turned them in and went back to Carhartts.
  5. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

Do you wear them in the summer? I know they are safer but I too live in Charlotte and I don't need to say how hot it can be.

Do you wear polo's (golf shirts) or just t-shirts.

I think I will be wearing t-shirts and carry around a clean polo style shirt just in case I need to meet with a client...
  6. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i got 5 sand colored polos done up with logos and names for 106 dollars

i use the carhart carpenter pants and shorts in green

top it off with either the boonie hat or the baseball cap i got lettered for 8 dollars each and its a sharp outfit.
    got a great place in the hudson valley if anyones intrested

7. Turtle Creek Lawn Care

Turtle Creek Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey I was wondering do you live near Claverack, NY??????

And to everyone thanks for all the info!!!
    Ryan :)
  8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

carharrt jeans and pants, levis, white tshirts...sleeveless in the summer. danner boots...I buy my jeans/pants from workinggear.com and my tshirts from walmart. Boots from danner.com........
  9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

10. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

carhartts and visors, looking to get new shirts made up yr.