What do you wear on your feet?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Shopkeeper, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

Just thought I'd start this thread to bring a less-serious thread to the forum and just out of my own curiousity :p

Anyways...

When you're doing yard work do you wear boots? Shoes? Sandals?:)nono:) What do you wear on your feet while working?

I've been wearing shoes for comfort since I don't do landscaping jobs.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Steel toed boots. I pick them up at Kmart for $20-$25 a pair and usually get about 8 monthes out of a pair.

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Timberland Work Boots. Most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

There was a thread like this about 6 wks ago and everyone chimed in about safety and professional image while working. Most everyone agreed that Sandalls are a complete NO-NO. Although, there are some that will still wear them, but why risk injury with the type of tools we use. It would be easy to loose a Toe wearing sandalls.

Some of my helpers wear tennis shoes, and that is okay, but I think that work boots or hiking type boots are much more professional looking and safer too.

4. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

5. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I guess timberlands are the shoes of Choice in Ga.....Just got a pair a year ago from Thanksgiving weekend, and they are still kicking, even though I bought another pair this year thanksgiving weekend....but dont think I will need them until next season....They are awesome against morning dew and during some light rainy days.....They are also good against slippage if thats a word....Gym shoes wear out fast, and aren't good on the arch...

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

sneakers:)

7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Steal Toe Boots in the Summer. Hunting Boots=Rockies in the Winter.

Tim

8. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

Lawngrips..

9. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

This is what I wear, The Deluxe Velcro straps hold these light weight aerators to my feet! Each step presses a dozen 2in. metal spikes into hard-packed soil and densely-packed turf. The thousands of holes create air, fertilizer, and moisture to SOAK RIGHT INTO YOUR LAWN. The best part is they are made of rugged green plastic. Thats what the advertisement says anyway!!!
    [​IMG]

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I like the Fred Flintstone approach......