What do you wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by klineslawnkaren, Jun 12, 2003.

1. klineslawnkaren

klineslawnkaren LawnSite Member

Just wondering what everyone wears? Pants, shorts. Anyone know of some super light weight pants?:)

2. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I work on pools so my uniform consist of swim trunk/ tank top/ flip flops. During the late fall or winter I wear summer weight BDU pants (the clothing that the military wears) and a long sleeve t-shirt. For the summer you might try Nike Dri-Fit T-shirts; they come in long sleeve and short sleeve.

3. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

I wear shorts made of a supplex type material most of the time. When it is cooler I wear khaki BDU pants. They are light weight cool and very comfortable.

4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeans, Steel Toe Boots, Company T, and a Baseball Cap. If it is really hot where sneakers instead of boots, but I am actually more comfortable in my boots as long as it isn't too hot. If I am strictly mowing and it is very hot I'll wear khaki shorts, but wear pants whenever I trim. I try to limit my work when it is very hot. I have extra availability in my schedule which allows me to avoid the hotest parts of the day.

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Wear my uniform that consists of lightweight cargo shorts and company T, and usually tennis shoes in the summer. Winter is usually carhartt workpants, boots, still a company T, and company carhartt jacket.

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My company tshirt, jean shorts, and tennis shoes. I have problems with my arches and wearing boots will really hurt me by the end of the day. Headphones and eye protectors. Sometimes a hat.

7. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Current Weather for Lake Worth, FL, USA 14:52 EST

Partly Cloudy Temperature:88°F
    (Real Feel: 94°F)
    Humidity: 59%
    Winds: SSE 16 mph Not where I'm working
    Barometer: 30.03 inHg

Pants Navy Dickies, Rockport Boots, Light Grey Shirt, Hat.

Oh and plenty of water. I can't wait till December when it cool's off a little.

It sure got hot early in the day today.

8. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

Company tshirt or sweatshirt
    Dickies workpants or khacki shorts
    steel toe hiking boots
    for a hat I wear one that I bought from the rain forest cafe. It is a wide brim kind of outback hat. It keeps my ears, nose, face, and neck from burning. Best tool in the box

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fubu shorts :p, striped boxers, t-shirt, soap shoes, and socks.

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

lawncare3

i hope you are joking us with that ensemble.

Fubu shorts and soaps to work.............

hmmm....thats kinda a cross between a ghetto fabolous gangsta and skateboarder running a mower :D :D :cool: :cool: