What do you'll think about this lawn tractor?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by scag2015, Mar 28, 2014.

1. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think for that same money you could get a 48" or even a 36" walk behind and throw a sulky on it. You will save massive amounts of time!!!
    A heavily used commercial walk behind will last longer than the cub cadet tractor.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Really?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Seriously, anyone on here will tell you the same thing. You're more or less getting a pass based on your age, but honestly you'll have a better cut quality, a more versatile machine, and faster machine for the same amount of money.

In fact you don't need the sulky right away, you were cutting with push mowers before, even walking will be a massive difference in speed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. scag2015

Ok, thank you I'll be looking around!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

Whittaker's Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

It looks decent.. but.. be very learey. Look at the online reviews, they have their.problems, with bolts vibrating out and other things. It.is also.a homeowner model, you might want.to.look.into a professional or heavier duty.mower... idk.if.your a fan of green. But my JD Gt275 hasnt wronged me yet.and it.probably.got.close.to.500 hours on it. If you.could.find a gt.model that will do you good, the run anywhere from $1300-$2000, they have the heavier transmission so will last longer than others!

6. scag2015

Ok, keep advice coming!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

Word of advice. DON'T buy that one. Stay AWAY from Kohler's Courage line. Their Command (Pro) series engines are awesome but the Courage line is notorious for breaking down. In my opinion Kawasaki has the best engines with Kohler at a close second. Also another thing to consider with Tractor vs. ZTR/Walk Behind is the Blade Tip speeds. The pro engines give you a much higher tip speed which means a faster, better cut. If you do go with a tractor, though I would recommend a upper grade older John Deere. Like Whittaker said GT's were good models.

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't recommend a commercial walk behind for a 14 year old. Sorry, kid.

9. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

Whittaker's Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

One question guys, how can you tell how old people are?

10. scag2015

Ok, I'm looking at a used commercial walk behind I'll post a. Couple of links Ina second:)
    Posted via Mobile Device