What do you'll think about this lawn tractor?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by scag2015, Mar 28, 2014.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep replys coming!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Search in harbor freight's website for trailer. Just make sure the weight rating can handle your mower. You may need to put plywood on it. These usually run anywhere from $150 to $350, and harbor freight always has 20% off coupons. (Just search harbor freight coupon on google) Wait for it to go on sale, then use a coupon I've seen them go for as little as 90 bucks with a coupon.

Harbor freight stuff isn't great, but I buy random stuff from them all the time. Trailer mechanics and wiring isn't hard, and it's a useful skill to learn. If you get one, work on it yourself and learn the basics. You will always need this knowledge in this business, trailer repair guys charge a fortune for even the most basic repairs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. scag2015

4. Uturf

Uturf LawnSite Member

I think you would need something bigger. If you are going to be doing a lot of highway speeds I would recommend a trailer with at least 15" tires. May be hard to find on your budget BUT you can find a turd trailer on Criegslist and refurbish it for very cheap! A 4x8 would be my suggestion to start.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

4 acres standing up on a belt drive walk behind? Oh to be a teen again. Any of the guys on here that do a property that big have 60 " ztr or larger and more than one guy mowing. I know you would hate to turn it down, but are you sure you're not in over your head.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. scag2015

Ok, and also I would not do highway travel with this trailer (any trailer right now)
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. scag2015

Very good point, I do think I can handle it. Iv got the time for sure (homeschooler) and a lot of experience and think I can do it :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not questioning your experience. I'm sure your fine with that. I would fall asleep from boredom. Make sure your Ipod has an extended mowing mix loaded. Yard sizes like that make you appreciate sitting down, groundspeed and suspension seats.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

Whittaker's Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

You dont know how true this is haha, when I bought my mower I made sure to.buy the noise cancellation radio, auxiliary head phones! Best $80 I have ever spent ! :cool:

10. scag2015

:):) yeah, and thank you! I know you weren't questioning my experience:), just looking out for me.:) and yep:), earphones in, and go:) actually, I've just been operating little push mowers (and I still enjoy them) so I think to me it would be a blast:) but as soon as I could get a ztr, I'm all over it for this property:) thank you!!
    Posted via Mobile Device