1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you'll think about this lawn tractor?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by scag2015, Mar 28, 2014.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Condition is everything. Just because he is bringing it to you doesn't me you can't say no.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. scag2015

Yeah I agree, but what do you think about the age ? And also does the condition "look good to you?" I'll hopefully have some more info and pics from him soon. Thank you patriot, you've helped a lot and have stuck with me on this:)!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would stray away from a used hydro on a budget. Belts are easy to replace, hydro are not
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. scag2015

Yeah, keep replies coming! Over all I would love to go with the bob cat mower I posted earlier, but he's a hour and a half and is firm on $1200:( don't think I could even do $1100
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

I could pressure wash. Shine it up with wd 40. Fill the hydros with super heavy oil and sell it to some unassuming kid. That's why I'm very leery based on the low price and the extra motivated seller. There's no such thing as a creampuff when it comes to used mowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. scag2015

Yes, very good point. Overall unless he gets me some great info and such, I'll probably pass on that one.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/grd/4388545296.html

There is that bob cat again, I really like it should I go for it? Seems a little over priced though. And is a hour and a half away:(
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

I would like to see you with the Bobcat. Its the best looking of the bunch right now and the price is fair. Have patience stuff pops up on CL all the time. I would take the tractor over the clapped out Ferris. Are your parents willing to help you at all. Its just one of those things. The more you put into a mower now the less likely it is to fail when you need it most.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. scag2015

Ok, thank you sir you have been absolutely, extremely helpful!
    I'll let you know how it works out! I can't find we're to friend some one, so....... I friend you but for some reason I can't in Lawnsite:) thank you:):)!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. scag2015

Oh and to reply to that:), some way or the other (savings or "loan" from grandpa or a family member could be available) what are you suggesting, get something bigger/nicer or pay a little bit over my budget for the bobcat? Thank you!
    Posted via Mobile Device