What do your Contracts look like?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by standeruser, Aug 10, 2006.

1. standeruser

standeruser LawnSite Member

Hi all, Iwas thinking about sending out contracts for the upcoming season.I've always just did verbal agreements, but some people get sucked in to TGCL and sign up for the year. I just found out that they send there contrats out in early November.So i want to beat them to the punch. The only contracts i've seen are is the one in Groundskeeper Pro ( which is a great program by the way) but it sounds like a contract a Lawyer would write. As always, Any input would be helpful. Thanks

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Attorneys write contracts for a reason. They are to protect both parties and guarantee payment. Have an attorney write one thats suitable for you

3. standeruser

standeruser LawnSite Member

Good Point, I guess that was a stupid line.

4. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

my contracts are made out of paper and have typed words on them! :)

5. GREEN GO LANDSCAPING

GREEN GO LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

is there a website to download service agreements? or does anyone have copies of both maintenance & one time service contracts? THANKS!

6. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

The local TGCL here only uses contracts on commercial accounts. As an ex "salesmen" for TGCL I know the tricks they use by letting people think they are "locked in" to a contract but their really not. Infact even customers who prepay there can get there money back. Unfortunately the "contract" thing is another one of TGCL "tricks."

7. GREEN GO LANDSCAPING

GREEN GO LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Do you feel by experience that a "trick" is better than a true contract?

8. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Unfortunately i feel that TGCL has lowered the standards and morals for our industry. When it comes to there tricks being better than a contract absolutely not, its unfortunate the company has to be deceitful and cant be up front with there customers.