1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do your crew leaders make?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huntnfish21, Feb 20, 2008.

1. huntnfish21

huntnfish21 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Wondering how much you guys pay your crew leader of lawn maintenance.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

commission for everything they do, but mistakes come out of their time! so far, it does do a pretty good job of motivation, but not all. i my self get commission and love it, the only time it is bad is when a job takes way too long, but you win some and lose some. our crew leaders run like their own company so to speak, doing almost all services for the property they work on. so some jobs pay more than others, applications make the most money for them and me!!!!!
  3. bglawncommand

bglawncommand LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

We just pay them too much. Lately they haven't wanted to come in for snow events (as if we have spare crews laying around to pick up the slack) and I'm wondering how this will affect their employment in the spring. And we were just talking about bonus incentives for the year. Bastards can't even show up to get the bonuses.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

mine get $22.50 an hour
  5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anywhere from $17.00-22.00 an hour around here(minnesota).
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

$16 an hour.
  7. huntnfish21

huntnfish21 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Thanks guys

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Rod, what, no raise for the past 5 years?

Mine are salary 30- 35K for 5.5-6 days 9.5 months plus bonus
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

they got a raise 2 years ago from $20 to $22.50...good chance there may be another one this year.
  10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm on a pretty small scale, and only been at it two years, but I just sh!t-canned the guy thats worked for me since day one for the same reason. Didnt show up AGAIN, no call, no show, after I'd called him the day before to make sure he was coming in! I have contracts signed that require me to carry lots of insurance, I'm not f-ing around with no-shows.
    As luck would have it, I found a guy that only wants to work part time, used to plow for a living, loves to plow, and does a great job with the equipment and customers' properties. I'll get through this winter, and I'll need to hire someone for spring/ summer.
    Good luck, hope it all works out for you, too!!