1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What does a rainy day mean to you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Jun 16, 2004.

How do you handle a rainy day?

1. Sleep in

11 vote(s)
  2. Get side word done (repairs, paperwork, etc)

30 vote(s)
  3. Plan ahead: go out and get wasted the night before

2 vote(s)
  4. Plan ahead: Get as much done the day before

21 vote(s)
  1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

What do YOU do on a rainy day?
  2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Oos , pressed the wrong one. Meant to say Plan ahead...get as much done the day before as possible.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

sleep in / get office work done or head to the nursery, or get some maintainence done. it seems like something always needs and oil change or new belt or two
  4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i tried voting on my own pole and nothing happened. the bottom of the screen said "Done", but nothing else came up? what gives
  5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

A rainy day used to mean just sleep in or study or work in the garage. Now, unless it's a monsoon outside I will go ahead and do whatever mowing jobs are on the schedule for that day. RAN OR SHINE. (cloudy is preferred):-D!!!

Just finished 19 yards today,weather.com says its 91 outside right now, and feels like 98. Tomorrow should feel like 100, and ive got 18 to do tomorrow. wh00p!
  6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Here today, I am 3 for 16 because of the rain. Add those to tomorrow, and we have a really full day..but it's supposed to be raining again tomorrow, so I guess I'll get some designs and estimates together,,,,
  7. not_as_noun

not_as_noun LawnSite Member
    from West GA

Same here. Lately here in GA, the only rain we've been getting doesn't last more than fifteen minutes, and that's long. Just enought to get the grass wet and the ground slick, but not enough to merit staying home.
  8. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i only voted sleep in, but all of them should get my vote. Sometimes i cut ahead, sometimes i cut during rain, sometimes i do other stuff...>LIKE today i changed blades, oil, and paperwork.

9. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Rainy days for me mean.. Planting, mulching, rain gear... I stopped watching the weather earlier this year, so I never plan for rain.
  10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Btw if I went by what the weather man pridicted the past three days for phila. rain rain rain... I would be out of business.