What does BRICKMAN do with leaf clean-up

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by gslawncare, Nov 29, 2005.

1. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

What does BRICKMAN do with their leaf removal? vacuum, rake, bag? anyone ever watched?

2. korelandscaping

korelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from ct

In my area they haul them out. I plow a condo that they landscape for and the leaves haven't been touched yet? I bid for the maintanance contract two years running and have not been able to compete. I'm sure I'll be asked again next year and the results will be the same. The only plus side is I sand the hell out of the condo so they must love me come sand clean up time! I noticed that their full services contracts get straight salt opposed to sand salt mix....makes alot of sense.

3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

They have truck loaders mounted on the trailers necks.

Jeff

4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw one of their trucks around here... they had the leaf vac on the back of a rack body truck and a canvas type tarp over the top of it.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Is brickman all over the place? i alway see tons of those dirty lookin brown ford trucks lol

6. troy03

troy03 LawnSite Member

Ive seen them mulching leaves at one property, havent seen how they handle them at the other properties for the same business in my area.

7. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Brickman is nationwide... But Truegreen is still #1 with numbers

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't say that I have seen them in my neck of the woods....maybe thats good!:D

9. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Yea they are everywhere in IL Chicago all the way to Galena and downstate..It is funny to see 10 to 12 trucks stuffed with people and huge trailers going down the road..can u say convoy :p

10. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Brickman is a nationwide company when I was at Penn State I went to numerous college fairs they were always heavy recruits for jobs. I live in Pittsburgh and actually looked into a possible employment career with them. They wanted me to relocate to one of thier many locations in Virgina and accept a job on the fieldcrew making about 27K a year. Didnt really sound to appealing to me considering I could have very easily gotten that same job without a college degree. They said I would have to work 12-18 months on the field crew to move into a foreman/managment position. Even then I would have only been looking at like 30-33K. I guess once you are established into the company you start making some good money. But in my personal situation I just expanded my own little business and think it was for the better.