What does everyone do?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

what does everyone do if you have a customer that wants their yard cut every bi-weekly but it really needs a more frequent cut do you inform them of this and if they still want bi-weekly discontinue service or just inform them that there lawn will not be up to the quality they deserve or something along these lines all help appreciated.

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If it needs it everyweek, I would tell them it needs it everyweek. But agree to try it and see how bad it is. Also let them know the price will go up also.

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I either tell them the lawn will not be up to the quality they deserve because it gets too long or i tell them there will be an extra charge because i may have to double cut to make it look nice.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm doing a bi-weekly one now. It's a pain because I have to double cut it every time. There are weeds growing in the sod and in the backyard. The rock beds look like a jungle. This house is only about 3 months old. This customer is extremely close to being dropped.

My opinion, people who want bi-weekly service only want to save $, and don't give a rat's butt about the way their property looks.

If I were you, I'd run and let someone else do it.

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry sir, but we provide quility lawn maintenance, not hay wacking.--

or--Not a problem sir, Your lawn will take about 50 min. each week and about120 min every other week so if I show up every week and your lawn always look good it will be just $200 a month. For me to visit every other week it will be $240 a month. Which do you want me to do??

OR-- I'm sorry sir, we do not provide that service

7. Dunn's

So as long as they aren't complaining about the left over grass just keep cutting it this way. I have been cuutning them for about 2 months now and they haven't said anything I just think it looks like cr@p more everytime I cut it and we have had a drought here so I can only imagine what it will look like in the spring.

8. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I would recommend drooping the account. I'm sure some people make $ cutting every other week but I've never seen profit in it. It's also a pain to handle the scheduling when you are sending crews out.

9. Dunn's

Ok so new question. how many of you offer bi-weekly and how many don't?

10. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would drop, because you going to hurt your reputation by leaving a lawn looking like crap.

Something like "Sorry I can no longer mow your lawn and leave it looking crappy.Thats not my thing. You need to find someone who doesnt care about quality."