What does everyone think about these contractor referral services.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdoctor, Jan 13, 2005.

1. grassdoctor

grassdoctor LawnSite Member

There are a lot of these services that promise leads at a price. People in your area will go to their web sites looking for services and then the company with the website will call you when they get the leads. Anyone have expericance with these websites.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

No expirience with them, but i'm think you'd be better of taking that money and doing some advertising on your own.

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

yup i agree i think its a waste of money. i dont think people get on the net and look up contractors most times they get them from referals, newspapers, and yellowpages. i dont think it would work well b/c its too broad of an advertisment/referal network.

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Jim Lewis says he has has good luck with one named service magic. Mainly for higher priced work (sprinklers I believe), mowing would not be worth it in my opinion.
    I call Service Magic to check on info. The lady told me $99 start up fee, & pay per leads each month,,,minimum lead cost was $200, but you could ask for more leads & just pay accordingly. But if there were 0 leads that month you would not be billed. I asked her for #'s on pressure washing (my side biz) & painting (my Dad's biz) leads for my county (63rd fastest growing county in USA last year) & 5 other counties. There were ZERO leads for this month.. So I guess it depends on you area & how much people use the net to find contractors.