1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What does everyone think of robin string trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pclawncare, Apr 10, 2007.

Should i go for it?

1. Buy a robin

9 vote(s)
  2. Look for something else and put up with my current one

6 vote(s)
  1. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have alwase used stihl and they are great very durable and never had a problem with them but the lightest commercial string trimmer they have is around 10 pounds i have an fs 90 r which is a 4 stroke i believe it is around 12 pounds and i love it for power but it is simpily too heavy to every day trimming on yards that i mow every week. Robin advertise a 2050 model that is a 20cc model straight shaft that is around 8 pounds a little over. My dealer says they go for about 200 bucks too at that price i may have to try one out. What is everyone elses opinion of robin string trimmers
  2. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

buy an echo it will be the last trimmer you will buy
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have 2 robins and never had any trouble with them -cant say the same for sthil
  5. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have looked at echo but everyting i have looked at it looks like the robin is around 2 pounds lighter than any echo stihl or tanaka which are mainly what the local dealers carry. I need a light weight trimmer i already have a powerful machine now i just want a light one for quick little jobs
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

also look at husky 323 -very light
  7. mrgreen3

mrgreen3 LawnSite Member

I have them all and the robin is very nice..and light...10 years old and still going strong. I don't think you can update the heads though..