what does everyone use to hold down equipment on open trailors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, May 18, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

I just started and i have a open trailor securing small equipment is no problem but how do you guys keep large commercial equipment in place without lots of straps and lines all over? if anyone has some good pics of how they do it or a great design idea with pics i would really appreciate it

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a green touch strap system for my walkbehind. i just use the e brake on my lazer, and that doesnt move at all. these green touch tie downs work great....they can be used on open trailers too....heres a link to the product

http://www.green-touch.com/item8879.ctlg

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Rookie,

I use a ratchet strap to hold my Exmark walk behind. If I am going a long way I will also strap down my Lazer, however the brakes on the Lazer hold it in place pretty darn well.

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

ratchet straps for the big stuff and bungees for the small, chains if going long distance.

5. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Trade secret here. I gots to keep some things to myself.;)

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Wow lawnworker, thats cool, i hope you just joking, he was asking an honest question, the least you can do is give an intelligent response :rolleyes:

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

those self locking straps for the walkbehinds and other small stuff like that. Ratchet straps for the z's, then anything bogger than that gets either a chain or 5000lb. 27' straps. Loosing something would not be fun.

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I'm assuming your mower is a belt so just leve it in gear and it sould be fine. With my boss's Lesco belt, he has a tilt trailer and he just leaves it in gear and we go up and down very steep hills to get to some properties and it stays they as if it had a parking brake. Maybe your mower is different.

9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravity.

10. jeremiahbabb

jeremiahbabb LawnSite Member

No tie downs at all? That would worry me a bit too much goin around curves... :eek: