What does Ferris have up their sleeve?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

What would you guess?

www.mowingevolution.com

They already have a bada$$ suspension system, what could be so "innovative" that theyll display next month? Id REALLY like to see some "small" diesel alternatives in the 1500/2000/3100z models, stuff using the 3 cylinder Briggs vanguard dihatsu diesels in the 20-33hp ranges with and without turbos and some better water cooled options besides ONLY a 26hp kawasaki on some 61" DECK MODELS. And of course for gas engines, the goddam 30-35hp models especially, are we stuck in the 1980s, WTF are fuel injected engines? I know some Exmarks offer the 28 efi Kohler, but seriously, ALL these companies producing commercial grade air/liquid cooled engines should have some injectors built on by now :dancing::confused:

Honestly though, what could they have drastically changed? Deere already has mulch on demand decks that are beyond sweet, what next?

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

maybe a stander or a robot

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Probably a stander with suspension... 30 hp??

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

that would be cool, but we wouldnt need one

5. From Dust 'til Lawn

From Dust 'til Lawn LawnSite Member

i guess i'll have to hold my purchase off till the news breaks...I've been at the ferris dealer a few times the past few weeks...looking and waiting....

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've heard more than I can say here yet, but I'll just say that Hustler and Exmark had better watch out. Take that for what it's worth.

I would also like to see some small diesels. I mentioned to my dad today that they should put a 22-25hp Kubota on the 3100, maybe even the 2000, but since they are owned by Briggs and Stratton, a Daihatsu Vanguard does make more sense.

It's also high time that all the engine manufacturers and mower manufacturers put out more EFI, DFI (direct fuel injection), LSO (low speed operation), smaller diesels, and other fuel saving/alternative fuel technologies. I bet they'd sell like crazy. Imagine cutting fuel costs by 10-25%. You'd save hundreds of gallons, and dollars, a year.

7. From Dust 'til Lawn

From Dust 'til Lawn LawnSite Member

having said that...should i wait?????????

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Briggs has a 34hp fuel injected motor available now right? Ferris will probably be one of the first to get this.

9. HighlandLC

HighlandLC LawnSite Member
    from CT

Signed up. Dont need the ZTR till spring, but doing my homework now.

10. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Their are already diesels out their just gotta have enough acreage to justify the cost, the weight issue is becoming a mute point. I am waiting till the spring for my ZTR diesel puchase it will not be a Ferris. I have it narrowed down to Bad Boy AOS 35hp cat, JD 997, or the Grasshopper 930D. The short list is BB AOS & JD 997, Grasshopper is way overpiced for thier 930D, Scag is still overpriced, and underpowered even with the new Cat diesel.