1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What does this look like

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by forgop, Dec 3, 2004.

1. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

This is still a relatively new lawn(less than 2 years)and still finishing up some bare patches. I had a company treat my lawn this year as I was head over heels in clover which is almost completely gone, as it took around 5 treatments to get rid of it. I started treatment late and missed out on a crabgrass preventative treatment. Anyway, my lawn suffered from some yellow spots during the summer and you can still see it. Is this something that should have been treated by any kind of company that was doing a good job? It may or may not be clear to see, but once the clover was gone, I had yellowish streaks like this in my yard. I think the guy who came out to see it said that it appeared to some sort of a fungus and there was nothing that could be done about it, but my neighbor's yards didn't have anything like that.

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

that picture almost looks fake. Can you get another picture only closer to the brown areas? Like a close up or something.
  3. pcguy

pcguy LawnSite Member

It looks like you used patchmaster/ other patch/mulch mix. I'd go with straight seed in a situation like that because that stuff doesn't always degrade quickly enough and could cause fungal problems as well as suffocating existing plants as does heavy thatch.
  4. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

what company did the spraying for you? what treatments did They put down, do you know the names of the chemical they used?? to me cause I've done chemical spraying for 8 years, the guy fed you a bunch of bull and i would have asked for a field or service mananger to fix the problem. taking care of the clover they probable used a r-11 surfactant mixed with a weed control. we need closer pics of the grass area to really check things out..did they fertilize as well. there are so many questions running around, we need more info.
  5. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

Some of the yellow streaks, look to me like it's a lack of overlapping of the spreader....
    You have those trees back there, do you know that one day they'll outshade your lawn? Less lawn is a good thing!
  6. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

Those trees in the back yard are just an apple tree, pear tree, and a peach tree. It's not like they'll get really big.

I'll get more close ups during the daylight.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

8. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

Here are some closeups.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I believe it is some other kind of grass or weed that has gone dormant/died off with the freezing temperatures. JM-uneducated-O.

10. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

I don't think so...it was like that all summer as well.