What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

A lady called and left a message and want's to know if I'm takeing on HRA jobs. Does any one know what this means. I whould rather know in stead of asking her if you know what I mean. Thanks for any ideas.:confused:

2. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

Could she have said HOA with an accent? Home owner associations...
    I have no clue what an HRA is.

Good luck,

Jon

3. RandyAndSons

RandyAndSons LawnSite Member

Hmmm No Clue

4. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

My Guess is HOA, never heard of HRA, doesnt mean that it doesn't exist, I would just ask her no harm in that.

5. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

HRA stands for Human resources association

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Housing & Reconstruction assoc? that came up in a google search. I'd call back and ask for clarification, I don't think it would hurt your chance of getting the job.

7. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i stand corrected

8. Full throttle lawn care

Thanks guys! I'm wondering what type of work she needs a bid on? This has been a strange two weeks,no calls not one in two month and every day I get home now I have two or three. It looks like the season has started hear in florida. :cool:

9. Full throttle lawn care

Heres the scoop it is a home owners association and she was telling me she needs to get three bids before chooseing the company for the job. I heard you guys say some times they don't pay for months? Is that typical? I asked her what was involved and she said lots of mowing,three retention ponds that are fairly large approx 5 acres of grass with each one. Then the front entrance that requires basic full service with no trees and a few bushes. I asked her how much grass was at the entrance and All she could say is that theres alot of grass? So I have a few problems:eek: I'm a one man opperation first year in the biz. I've never had to right up a contract. How do I bid such a large job? Let's just say I'm feeling the first big job jitters. Please help I need some advice.

10. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

to bid you have to estimate what it cost you to do it
    add in the profit you need to make.
    search the net for a smaple contract but be very specific on what you have bid to do.
    I have had good luck with my HOA but all are not equal.
    in short bid it to make good money not just to stay busy and find a good contract