1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What does you day consist of?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, May 11, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine starts at 5:45 am. 20 min workout, review and print mowing schedule, dress and fix lunch, get the kids ready for daycare at 8:00, out the door to cut dewey grass back at 5:30, mark work complete, shower eat din din, play with kids and wife, put the kids to bed 9:30, pay bills, and colapse at 11:00.

What does your day consist of?
  2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

wake up at 6:30, leave for school at 7. work my but off in school doin homework, projects, and studying for test(so I don't have to do this stuff after school). come home hook up the trailer and leave by 3:00 cut grass until 7 or 7:30, home shower, dinner, lawnsite, bed
  3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My day sounds real similar to yours, Frue...just add a 24 hour shift at the fire station in front of it and 24 hours after it... Works out when we arent up all night and then have to go mow.
  4. dcwservices

dcwservices LawnSite Member

get off from the firehouse at 7am, i load my cooler with ice, and try and leave the firehouse for 730-745. pickup my helper for 800 at my apt. begin cutting, 1200 eat lunch. drop off my trailer and get hom between 600 and 700. shower, eat, lawnsite while concuming coronas, tv then bed between 1000-1130. then wake up and be at the firehouse for 7am. while their i fuel, maintain, string all my spools and etc.
  5. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

Up at 5.15 get coffee,truck,do some odds an ends start at7.20,eat on the go end5.30.Bring truck to the yard,paper work eat ,bed.6 days.Sometimes a little on a Sunday morning.
  6. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Get up early 5:00am Go to work. Return customers calls on lunch break. Get off work. Change clothes get Truck and trailer mow mow mow, diner, walk dog, talk to wife, play with children, Say Prayers off to bed.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto
  7. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Wake up at 6:00 AM, get to school by 7:25, get out at 2:30, get home by 3:00, pack up and head out, mow till 7:00-7:30. dinner, lawnsite, more lawnsite, snack, bed.
  8. BlackCloudDiesel

BlackCloudDiesel LawnSite Member

4am wake up, at shop by 5:15. Top off the equipemnt, make sure gas cans and ect are mixed and have enough fuel for the day. Load mis. equipment like loaders and hookup proper attachments. Workers arrive at about 5:45. Trucks and crews out the door by 6:00. First jobs started around 6:20 (business before they open for the day). Home owners done in the afternoon. Eat lunch on the go. Get back to shop by 2:30pm unload trucks with yard waste. Park all trucks and equipment in shop (still hooked up to trailers). Do billing the rest of the day. Din din with the wife at 6. Bed by 8.