What Does Your Dealership do For you to Make An impression

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOWERSALES, Oct 10, 2002.

1. MOWERSALES

MOWERSALES LawnSite Member
    from KY

mowersales could use your help i am curious about what your mower delarship does to go above and beyond the call of duty for you ?? Any thing they do that would make your life easier? What would you as a commmercial mower like to see out of your dealer?

2. MOWERSALES

from KY

just curious as to what us as a dealer can do to make things better for the commercial cutter..parts delivery..service packages?? help!!

3. MOWERSALES

from KY

looks as if no one is being treated all that welll out there at least not well enough to talk about??:blob2:

4. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Mowesales,
    My dealer, Lawson's at Woodbine, In Maryland. He will service my equipment right on the trailer if it is a easy repair. Put's all work an Acct. and does TOP, QUALITY WORK AT A FAIR PRICE. I don't even buy that much from him, he is a Toro dealer, and I use Exmark tractors, and a Toro walkbehind (which I did buy from him), but he still treats me like I am his best customer!! I will never go to anybody else for service except for him.
    Dave

5. MOWERSALES

from KY

sounds like a good deal so he will actually work on the equipment on the trailer...

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

At my dealer, when I buy parts, I get a discount. This discount does not apply to Joe Homeowner, nor does it apply to Commercial Lawn Care Joe who DIDN'T buy the equipment from him.

I am a dealer loyal person. My dealer now carries everything that I need in my business, and the brands that I want (they just picked up Echo).

They do drop almost everything if I'm in a bind and need a quick fix fast. If it's something MAJOR, a loaner is part of the plan.

Also, if something that is warranty-able breaks "just" outside of the warranty period, they somehow push it through. I dont know wether this is a manufacturer being flexable, or a large dealer being able to fudge for the good of a good customer.

One thing that I would like to see my dealer do, and have inquired about it to them before....

If I need a part (wether its a broken part, or just a cosmetic part) and it needs to be ordered from the factory or distributor, I would like to have this part shipped to MY HOUSE. NOT to the DEALER, who then calls me to say its in, and then I have to take an hour out of my day to go get. They say its something to do with their shipping arrangements with the manufacturer/distributor. Where my Dad works, they direct ship parts all over the country/world from wherever they are made. Sounds simple, but it sure is a timesaver.

Thats about it.

7. MOWERSALES

from KY

how much of a discount do you get?

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Dude, Relax. It was only about 20 minutes between your 1st and 3rd post.

1 dealer I deal with wouldn't give his own mother a break. And she owns the business. They have many problems with repeat business due to the ridgidness of their attitude. They do work for some people real quick, some they don't. But I've never seen them drop something and come outside to look at something to see if they can fix it real quick.

The best dealer around town will come outside to the trailer for a comm'l cutter and see if he can fix whatever the problem is really quick. They pride themselves in helping comm'l cutters if possible. The only problem I have with them is they don't sell eXmarks. Toro amoung lots of other brands. I buy all my trimmers, blowers, edgers, tillers, chainsaw, oil, filters, trimmer line, etc from them. I have bought mowers from them in the past and their service on them to me was fantastic. I just wish they would switch to eXmarks. Oh, they also give a Landscapers price on all equipment. On trimmers it may be $20-$25 difference. Some things more, some less.

9. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

65 Hoss,
    That's the same with me, my dealer doesn't sell Exmark. If he did, I'd be the happiest landscaper in Maryland!!

10. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

There is only one good thing I can say about my dealer. If I need something fixed immediately he is there and on the job.
    He also will charge me twice the amount for blades and other parts. I know this for sure. He actually charged me 3 times the MSRP price for blades! He's greedy, arrogant and self serving. If another dealer shows up here with a comparable product I'll drop this one like a hot potato!

:angry: