1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What does your enclosed trailer look like

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KC lawn guy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. KC lawn guy

KC lawn guy LawnSite Member

Im wanting to buy a enclosed trailer and would like to get some ideas on setup and style. Im thinking a 7x14 tandom. I have a 7x12 open trailer now, I like it but think a enclosed is better for many of reasons but I want the rolling billboard. So lets see them fellas! And thanks for the help.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the 8' wide one and at least 16' long. You won't be sorry....

3. KC lawn guy

im not trying to question you, but what is your reasoning on that? i have a 36 and a 52 wright stander and hope to get another 52 this yr and those all fit just fine, with some room really

4. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

5. KC lawn guy

thats nice mike, you have alot of equipment in there.

6. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on getting an enclosed aswell this spring, i deffiantly see the need for a 8ft wide over a 7ft wide especialy if your going to be hanging things on the walls and walking around inside to sit on a ZTR. Also if you ever have the need to move a car inside. I have a 6.5x14 open now and i'm going to bump it up to a 8x18 shortly

7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly!! The narrow trailer sucks to have to climb thru when needing items up front and you certainly lose good sidewall storage. I have 2 enclosed trailers, both 8' wide. One is 16' and the other 18'. You'll find you put more stuff in then than you realize. Space is a premium!!! You won't be sorry!

8. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

Yes I do have quite a bit of stuff in there and would definitely recommend going with the bigger trailer. Over time you will fill it up like I have and once you do there is no room for expanding your business. I am 6'3'' and my height of the trailer is only about 6 foot so moving around in it is a pain in the A$$ as well as trying to get the blower and trimmers out when the mowers are inside the trailer as well. But it works for what I need it to and also picks up some extra business with the advertisement on the side. Good luck with your decision and make sure to post some pics of your trailer when you get it.

9. motorscot

motorscot LawnSite Member

Go with an 8x16 if you can. Check my link for some of my pics. I've got a 36 and two 21s side by side with my 48 up front. If I put the 48 in the back, I would barely have room to move. My trailer is a brand new 7x16 and I already wish it was 8' wide.

Two things to add on if you can afford to order one: 7' interior height (so you can hang stuff from the roof if need be), v-nose (slightly better fuel mileage, but more importantly, more storage without impeding on your floorspace)

I added the side ramp for more efficient loading/unloading and it will handle any mower up to 60" wide.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=303614&page=3

10. KC lawn guy

thats nice motorscot, i looked that trailer up when you first posted it and couldnt find much out. i wonder if they would deliver up this way. and you said you custom ordered it?