1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What does your weekly schedule look like?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, May 2, 2005.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Over the winter, my computer crashed and I lost EVERYTHING. Luckily I had all the important information printed out. I put everything back into the computer, but I don't have a hardcopy of what my schedule looked like last year. I think I used microsoft word and had each indivudual customer in a different "box" along with time in/out, date, services performed, address etc. Had 12 boxes per sheet. Of course each sheet represented a different day of the week.
    Right now I am working on getting this format back to its original form (like last years) but I was wondering what all of you use. I don't want to purchase any software, just looking to see what else you can do with microsoft word or excel. Thanks
  2. Expert Lawns

so noone uses a schedule to keep track of their accounts? You all do it by memory; that's impressive.
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Weekly schedule....depends on the week! My business is fert/squirt only so I have my busy times as well as slow weeks in between rounds. I am using quickbooks simple start right now as well as a small notebook for scheduling. Works for me, for now...
  4. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

We just use a datebook to keep track of our schedule, then we input it into the computer at the end of the day for invoices. It works for us because we're relatively small.

J&JPROPERTY LawnSite Member

We just use a basic excel spreadsheet, nothing fancy. We list all of our customers on it, pen the dates in as you mow each of them and at the end of the month when we do invoices just enter the mow dates onto the computer, save it and print another sheet off with all of the previous dates on it in red. I know this seems redundant, but it works for us
  6. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I use gopher. You set up the route in the order you want and print the invoice and it includes addresses and spaces to put in your arrival and end times. Great program, saved my butt!
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Win a Free Book 'Start & Run A Landscape Business' and Business Consulting Services Here </font></marquee>

Hi Expert Lawns,

I think I have seen user CaptainDing post something like that. Maybe contact him?

Thanks Howard Roark for the positive feedback.
  9. Expert Lawns

thanks Gopher. thanks for the other posts too, i'm just trying to get my you know what together after my computer crashed
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Lawn Monkey.....would be lost without it!