1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what don't you like about gopher

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevesmowing, Oct 22, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys just wondering what you don't like about gopher. I down loaded the demo and it seems pretty nice. Why do some of you still use quickbooks in addition to gopher. I like having invoicing and scheduling software all in one.
  2. stevesmowing

so theres nothing?
  3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

The one change or addition I would make to gopher is add a vendor section to track vendor info.

Very very very good investment...............
  4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I wish you could copy & paste easier somehow. Like from reports...Correct me if you can do something similar.......

But Gopher is Great . I would buy it again. And I will upgrade to the Next level when I neeed to do so.
  5. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I run Quickbooks Contractor Edition only.. Very tricky to figure out, but the cats a$$ once you get used to it!
  6. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Perhaps a Credit card billing option and mapping software built in.

Unfotunately, that is what's going to send me packing next year most likely.

That is, unless they keep up with the times and upgrade, which in their industry is an absolute MUST. I hope they do, as my needs were certainly met.............this year that is . :)
  7. stevesmowing

does quickbooks do schedualing as well?
  8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It does somewhat but I don't use it.. We just put all accounts into Excel with the "typical" service day for mowing and fill in when we are there. Other work is insterted into the "to do" section and printed off. Give them to my landscaping/tree crews and they do the work in order by job #.. With weather delays, backordered materials.. I never like to make a set schedule, because they are so hard to keep..

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

they dont have a spell check....................
    otherwise I like it and manage 250+ accounts with it very easy
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Howard I would like to see those features get into the program as well :) o-so-n-so very good point too.

Can you right click on highlighted text and left click on copy or paste?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>